Create a morning mantra to keep yourself on track.
By writing something motivational to recite in the morning, you will feel pushed closer towards achieving your goal. Also, by phrasing the mantra is a format where the goal has already been achieved can help you visualise your results and keep you motivated, e.g. “I have lost 5lbs and this outfit looks great on me”.
Identify and eliminate your bad habits.
Transformations such as losing weight require long term commitment. This is why it is particularly important to kick you bad habits as soon as possible, to avoid setting yourself up for a fall in the coming months. Bad habits of this kind often present themself in the form of alcohol or sweets. By doing this, you will see results quicker which in turn keeps you motivated to lose weight.
Have a positive attitude and mindset.
This sounds simple but shouldn’t be forgotten. With enough willpower and motivation anything can be achieved. Therefore, with a positive attitude about weight loss you will feel more motivated, in turn increasing your chances of success.
There you have 5 stages in your weight loss journey ensuring you remain motivated throughout. Weight loss can be trickier than it sounds, so be sure you check out our range of diet plans under the weight loss section of our website. In addition to this, we have listed a number of ‘top tips’ to ensure you stack on track and stay motivated!
Our weight loss motivation top tips
Here we will share the most successful tips to start your weight loss journey and keep you motivated throughout.
- Tough love: if you are tough with yourself on exactly what you are and aren’t eating, you are less likely to get carried away on ‘treats’.
- Ditch the excuses: by quitting making excuses such as “It’s christmas time”, you will feel more motivated as you will continuously see results instead of letting your diet plan fall apart.
- Hide your treats: out of sight out of mind as they say. By not opening the cupboard to high-calorie, high-sugar snacks you won’t have to avoid temptation, in turn keeping you motivated.
- Carry your weight loss mantra with you: by having a handy note in your handbag or pocket, you can realign your goals at any time you’re feeling tempted to eat something you shouldn’t.
- Fit your weight loss plan to your lifestyle: by following a realistic diet you are more likely to continue on your journey for longer. This means improved weight loss results and in turn improved motivation.