Low-carb diet plan and recipes
On a diet-plan as a-typical as this one, you may find it difficult even beginning to think about meals that follow the new low-carb, high-fat lifestyle you have propelled yourself into. Here is an example of daily meal ideas:
- Keto pancakes with whipped cream and berries
- Eggs and vegetables fried in coconut oil
- Baked eggs with spinach
- Cheese crusted omelette
- Spaghetti squash Bolognese
- Classic vegan falafel
- Keto ricotta chicken meatballs
- Baked almond-crusted cod
- Noodle low-carb lasagne (example recipe below)
Noodle Lasagne Recipe:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Half a yellow onion
- Two garlic cloves
- 4 sausages
- 350g beef
- 650g marinara sauce
- 400g ricotta cheese
- An egg
- Sea salt
- 250g chicken breast
- 350g mozzarella cheese
- 100g parmesan cheese
- Warm oil at a medium heat with the onion and garlic.
- Add the ground beef and sausage until the meat turns brown
- Add marinara sauce
- Combine ricotta cheese with egg and salt in a bowl
- To make the lasagne itself: Spread one layer of cooked meat then add a layer of the ricotta mix with additional mozzarella-slices and parmesan cheese. Repeat until layered appropriately.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove foil and bake for another 25 minutes
Weight loss following the Keto diet.
So, this diet seems up your street and realistic? But how much weight can actually be lost when following a low-carb diet?
As a general trend, research shows the fewer carbs you eat the more weight you will lose. Additionally, further studies have shown that said low-carb diet is more effective than similar restrictive diets such as the 5 2 diets, shown through the higher number of calories burned. The beauty of this diet is that it makes weight loss easier as 1. You don’t have to count calories and 2. You’re less hungry!
Our top tips on a low-carb diet:
- Having a detailed meal-plan
- Understanding which foods and high-carb and which foods are low-carb
- Knowing how much carbohydrates are in serving sizes of food
- Always carrying a low carb snack to avoid temptation!
Another low-carb diet and a sister diet to the Keto plan discussed is the Atkins diet. This provides a similar diet plan to Keto however the major difference is with Atkins, carbs are gradually reintroduced, therefore weight loss is often less drastic but more maintainable long-term. Your preference of low-carb diets depends on your individual weight-loss goals.
Pros: Reduced hunger and no calories counting
Cons: Some weight loss is harder to maintain when reintroducing carbs
Not quite for you? Check out the range of other diet plans when considering your ideal plan to smash your weight loss goal.