Special Days to Look Forward to After Lockdown
We all have that one person in our lives who we find so difficult to buy for on occasions such as birthdays or Christmas, as they seemingly have everything, or they may not be into material things. There are only so many pairs of socks or toiletry gift sets you can buy a person before it becomes too predictable, so what else could you do?
With us all needing something to look forward to post lockdown, planning events and days out is a great way of giving someone an ‘experience’ that they’ll remember, long after the usual shower gel gift has run out. It’s also a great alternative to the traditional present, and with so many options to choose from there’s sure to be something to suit all tastes and budgets.
Red Letter Days is a fantastic one stop shop for both unusual gifts and a great choice of experience days. The site has everything from afternoon tea for 2 and days out at a theme park, to flying lessons, romantic breaks away in both the UK and Europe and everything in between!
The site is really well organised into different sections so you’re not having to trawl through loads of pages to find what you’re looking for. You can search for all the different ‘experience’ types as well as for things like: gifts for him, gifts for her, gifts for kids, birthdays, Christmas, Valentine’s Day etc as well as filtering by the location you’re closest to so you can be sure to find experiences in your local area.
Let’s take a closer look at some of the things on offer…
This is a great section where you’ll find things for the most adventurous person you know, right through to something your granny would like. All the different experiences and sorted into ‘types’ and you can also filter by the number of people you want the experience for, as well as the location and price.
Some of the experience sections include;
- Driving – Guaranteed to inspire and excite petrolheads both young and old
- Adventure – Perfect for daredevils, thrill-seekers and risk-takers alike.
- Attractions & Tours – Take in the sights and sounds of the country’s most popular attractions and tours
- Drinks & Dining – Drinks and dining experiences offer unrivalled forms of gastronomic indulgence.
- Pampering – Unwind and recharge with rejuvenating pamper experiences
- Short Breaks – Dozens of fantastic staycations across the UK just waiting to be discovered.
- Flying – From taking control of an aircraft to jumping out of one, there are pursuits to suit all daredevils
These categories can then be broken down further into many different activities, for example; Within the Driving section, there are 744 different things you can choose from.
These range from a 3 Lap Passenger Drifting Ride right through to a Formula 1 Driving Experience in Barcelona so you’re sure to find something suitable for anyone who’s a bit of an adrenalin junkie.
On the other end of the scale is the Pampering Section. These activities are a lot more tranquil and relaxing and include things like Spa Days and Beauty Treatments which would be a great treat idea for Birthdays or Mother’s Day etc
Special occasion experience gifts are the ideal way to celebrate any big day, like birthdays and anniversaries. Lasting memories are guaranteed with bungee jumping, short breaks and driving sessions.
This category is also helpfully broken down into different sections, including
- Mother’s Day
- Valentine’s Day
- Leaving & Retirement Gifts
- Thank You Gifts
- Thoughtful Gifts
Under the heading of Mother’s Day Gifts alone, there are 505 options to browse through so you’re sure to find something to suit your special lady.
The Birthday section is also another on that worth a look. It’s been cleverly split into different sections for all the ‘milestone’ years such as 18, 21, 30, 40, 50 etc etc so again it makes the search process a lot simpler.
The recipient section is broken down into Gifts for Couples, Gifts for Him, Gifts for Her, and not to be left out, there’s also a great section for kids
With 342 items and activities to choose from, 208 of them priced under £50 there’s definitely plenty of choice for the younger members of the family.
Gifts & Hampers
If ‘experiences’ aren’t really your thing, you’re sure to find a more traditional item in the Gifts and Hampers section. There’s all sorts here, from food and drink to personalised gifts, again for all members of the family.
Some of the more unusual ones that caught my eye include;
- Name a Star with Gift Box – This touching gift is the perfect way to show them how special they are! Whether it’s a birthday, anniversary or another special occasion, what could be more remarkable than naming a star after them? Named on the Intergalactic Star Database for eternity, they can know that a very special piece of the universe is named after them or somebody close to them. A star area coordinates sheet, map of the night sky, a guide to the Northern Constellations book and a personalised certificate is packed carefully into the gift box, so the lucky recipient can find their very own star with ease.
- The Personalised Book About You – Celebrate a loved one’s milestone with a book all about them. This book is bursting with fun and fascinating facts all unique to the lucky recipient. This book is available in a choice of blue and orange softback or hardback covers and arrives embossed with their name and date of birth. Inside is 60 pages filled with tons of information about the year the recipient was born, like top books and toys and even facts about their star sign. It’s a unique gift to mark a special occasion.
- Star on the Walk of Fame Print – Show someone they are a real star with this special print. Let them experience what it’s like to be famous with a ‘Star of Fame’ that will feature their own name printed on glossy paper and framed. This is the perfect gift for a birthday or special occasion. Roll out the red carpet and shine the spotlight on their success. Make that special someone feel like a superstar with this unique and meaningful gift.
Why not check out the Red Letter Days website today and surprise your loved ones with special gifts and experiences so they can make memories to treasure.
Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.