Experiment In The Kitchen With Tools To Make Your Meal Prep Easier
If you’re anything like me, working from home means you’re spending more and more time in the kitchen. The daily prep for meals can have a tendency to get a bit boring on occasions and so I’ve been looking for ways to ‘spice things up’ (if you pardon the pun), and have come across a great selection of kitchen gadgets to help, make things easier, quicker, and at the same time look great on my kitchen surfaces.
Let’s face it we should all be following a healthy eating plan whether that’s for weight loss or not, but sometimes it can get a bit boring if you’re always eating the same foods and following similar recipes etc, but where do you start when looking to make changes to your eating habits?
Well, what if I told you the answer you are looking for can be found in one place?
Ready to up kitchen game? Then read on…
If you’re a fan of Nigella or any of the other celebrity chefs, they always seem to have kitchens packed with the latest gadgets and gizmos when doing their cooking shows for TV, but do you really need to spend a fortune buying everything they have, or are there some ‘key items’ you can purchase to make your life that bit easier?
Ninja Kitchen is a great one stop shop to update your small kitchen appliances, with the added bonus of having a great section on their website that gives tips, advice and recipe ideas, that can all be made with their items.
From choppers, blenders and food processors through to a 9 in 1 Multi Cooker, there’s something for everyone’s budget, so let’s take a look at some of the items available, and how best to use them.
Transform fresh ingredients into delicious meals, snacks, dips and sauces with Ninja’s handy range of choppers, mini blenders and multi-purpose kitchen solutions.
The Ninja Professional Stackable Chopper 200W is a handy, portable solution that takes all the hard work out of food prep.
This compact yet powerful device allows you to chop and prepare ingredients with precision, in a matter of seconds. Complete with two sealable containers, a portable blade and a blending pod for safe, quick and simple chopping, no matter where you are in the kitchen or how much space you have to work with.
- Whether chopping, grinding or blending, all you need to do is place the blade in the cup, add the pod on top and pulse. It really is that simple.
- Made too much? No problem, as each pack comes with handy lids. Place directly on the blending bowl and refrigerate to keep your sauces, dips and chopped ingredients fresh for longer. Struggling for storage space? The cups are designed for stacking, neatly storing away.
- They’ve also made cleaning easier than ever, ensuring ALL removable parts are dishwasher safe.
Priced at just £24.99 and with a score of 4.9/5 from 161 reviews on the website, this is a definite must have for any modern kitchen.
Let’s face it, who doesn’t like ice cold drinks and smoothies? A blender is a must have item in all kitchens to make super smooth, great-tasting, ice-cool drinks and smoothies in seconds.
The Nutri Ninja 700W Slim Blender & Smoothie Maker comes highly recommended, with a score of 4.9/5 from 55 reviews on the Ninja Kitchen website.
It’s compact in size but without compromising on power, and can easily blend whole fruits and vegetables, nuts, seeds and even ice. An added bonus is the inspirational recipe guide that comes included in the box, that’s packed with kick-start recipes to inspire your imagination and help you get the most out of the blender.
Some of the reviews from the website include;
“Looks good and makes fabby smoothies. Comes with 2 beakers with lids which is really handy. Recommended”
“Powerful little machine, blends and chops in seconds, no messing about when in a hurry. Bought it for my Son to take with him to university. He happy, uses it everyday. Cleaning is simple, I do recommend this, worth the price.”
“Awesome product. Best kitchen electrical item I’ve bought. Use it daily. Can’t give it a high enough rating!”
With reviews like that this is definitely one to put on your list to buy.
A food processor is the next step up from a food blender. It’s a motorised appliance that quickly performs food prep tasks traditionally carried out by hand. Some food processors can chop vegetables; some can blend ingredients into soups, pastes and sauces; and others can mix things like batter and cream.
Ninja’s versatile food processors combine multiple functions into one space-saving kitchen system. Chop, grate, slice, blend and mix your way to your family’s favourite meals, drinks and snacks in moments.
- With these items you can effortlessly chop, slice, grate, puree and mix your way to snacks and full meals – from delicious pizza and bread doughs, pancake batters and cake mixes, to burgers, fishcakes, chopped salads and ingredient preparation.
- Make enough to share – from crushed-ice cocktails and frozen desserts to pasta sauces, dips and dressings.
- Blend straight into the 700ml single-serve cup to enjoy a drink on-the-go – from cool smoothies to super-smooth milkshakes.
- Plus, as with the Ninja blender there is also a great recipe guide included in the box.
The Ninja 3-in-1 Food Processor with Auto-IQ is currently on special offer on the Ninja Kitchen website, with £70 off the price so is well worth a look!
Food Multi Cookers
Multi cookers are a great addition to any kitchen due to their versatility. Ranging from a 6 in 1 to a 9 in 1 option, these cookers can Pressure Cook, Air Fry, Slow Cook, Steam, Bake/Roast, Sear/Sauté, Grill, Yoghurt and Dehydrate, eliminating the need to clutter your kitchen with individual cooking items.
The impressive Ninja Foodi MAX 9-in-1 Multi-Cooker features a 7.5L cooking pot, large enough to feed up to 6 people, and has the added feature of being the pressure cooker that also crisps. With Ninja’s exclusive TenderCrisp Technology, pressure cook tender meals up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods (compared with slow-cooking, simmering or braising), then crisp to give your food a perfect golden finish.
This great pot does the lot!
- Pressure Cook quick, delicious meals, from juicy steaks and tender pulled pork to aromatic curries and perfectly-cooked pasta.
- Air Crisp meals and sides using little to no oil, from golden chips and sweet potato fries to crispy fish fingers and chicken wings – up to 75% less fat than traditional frying methods**.
- Slow Cook warming casseroles, zesty risottos and hearty hotpots up to 12 hours in advance, ensuring your meal is ready when you get home.
- Roast fluffy roast potatoes, rich nut roasts, Mediterranean vegetable medleys and warming winter veg.
- Grill salmon fillets, tasty burgers and give your mac ’n’ cheese a crispy topping.
- Steam delicate sea bass, tender asparagus and healthy vegetable dishes.
- Bake fresh bread, cakes and impressive desserts to be proud of.
- Sear steaks before cooking, Sauté ingredients to prepare sauces and caramelise onions for maximum flavour.
- Dehydrate fresh ingredients to create healthy dried fruit, including mango, apple, strawberry and bananas, homemade root vegetable crisps, beef jerky and dried herbs.
- Create homemade yoghurt exactly as you like it.
All the items listed are currently on sale for a limited period, so there’s no time like the present to update your kitchen without breaking the bank!
Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.