Who Buys £300 Trainers? Have A Look At Some Of The Best Footwear Available
In a previous article we focused on sports brand JD Sports who claim to be ‘the Undisputed King of Trainers’ but just how accurate is that?
Whilst it goes without saying JD Sports is a great one stop shop for all your sports clothing, footwear and accessory needs, another contender for the ‘King Crown’ will definitely have to be Footasylum
Don’t let the name fool you – they sell so much more than just footwear and sports shoes, from their website and over 65 stores across the UK.
Established back in 2005, Footasylum has made a name for itself as one of the leading retailers of fashion streetwear and sportswear. Always on the lookout for new and upcoming brands, they’ve got their finger firmly on the pulse of the street and sports fashion scene.
With brands including leading sportswear giants Nike and adidas under their belt, as well as fresh new brands like Kings Will Dream and Jameson Carter, their roster is being constantly refreshed to keep you up to date with the latest lines, season to season.
At Footasylum they pride themselves on stocking a huge range of footwear and apparel, with their stores constantly displaying their collections in fresh and exciting ways. Staff are always eager to help, hooking you up with the latest in fashion and footwear trends.
Let’s take a closer look at their website and some of the products you can expect to find on there. You can also download their app to browse and purchase items from, if that’s your preference.
The first thing that you notice when you visit the site is, they offer NHS workers 20% off all products with a Blue Light Card. Students also get 10% online discount too, which is a great incentive to buy.
The main Footasylum site is split into 7 Sections;
- Just Landed – This is the place to go to view all their new items. You can either view all the ‘just in’ items or filter them by gender, category, brand and size etc.
- Men – This section unsurprisingly is for all their products aimed at Men.
- Women – The same as the Men section but devoted to Womenswear.
- Kids – This section is packed with shoes, clothing and accessories for children.
- Accessories – You’ll find things like hats, bags, underwear and socks in this section.
- Brands – If you’d prefer to browse the whole range of products by a particular brand, there’s an A-Z clickable option to quickly navigate to the brand you want, or alternatively you can view a selection of their most popular and trending brands by clicking on their logos.
- FA UN-LTD – This is a great section for those people who buy sportswear and trainers regularly. If you sign up for a free account on the site you can get unlimited priority delivery for only £9.99 for the whole year, no matter how many times you buy. This is a great touch to recognise the loyalty of its regular customers.
- Sale – This section does what it says on the tin. It’s the one stop shop for all reduced items on the site across all the different departments.
- The Lowdown – This is where you can stay ahead of the game with the latest
from Footasylum. Check back regularly for your daily dose of sneaker news, style tips, music interviews and much more.
Plus, if you’ve got a sweet sneaker collection? Supreme street style? Crazy art skills? You can drop them a line on firstname.lastname@example.org and you may be featured in a future article.
Trainers are a definite must have accessory and the popularity of this style of footwear never seems to wane. It’s not uncommon to see stories on the news about people camping out overnight outside stores to bag themselves a pair of the latestlimited edition sports shoes. Trainers have gone from being items to wear every day to assets to put away as investments. The second hand market for the most sought after trainers is also buoyant, with some pairs changing hands for £100’s or even £1000’s of pounds!
I remember a guy who I once worked with had a massive collection of Adidas trainers from the 80’s and 90’s, all never worn and kept in mint condition in their original boxes. It wasn’t until his wife gave him an ultimation of ‘it’s them or me’ that he chose to sell them, but his marriage didn’t last anyway and he’s always regretted selling them ever since!
In the footwear departments of the Footasylum site (for men, women and kids) you’ll find a wide selection of Shoes, Flip Flops, Trainers, Boots and Sliders at really competitive prices.
It’s not uncommon for the most popular trainers to come in a variety of colour schemes, so once you find a pair that you really like, you can then get the same style to go with any outfit.
The adidas Originals NMD R1 Trainer is a great example of this, coming in no less than 9 different colour combinations. Priced at £109.99 they’re not going to break the bank too.
In the women’s footwear section, alongside trainers you can find things like sandals and sliders as well as some great boots and ‘fluffy’ shoes by UGG.
You’re sure to turn heads in these UGG Womens Fab Yeah Sliders available in both rose pink and black.
At Footasylum, they even have products for new-born babies!
Check out this Jordan 2 Piece Crib Set suitable for ages 0-6 months. This Jumpman jamboree features 1 pair of booties and 1 cap. Both pieces come emblazoned with Jordan’s legendary Jumpman motif.
Whether it’s a trainer well on its way to becoming a footwear classic, or a proven icon that’s stood the test of time – at Footasylum, they’ve got what you’re looking for. Want the latest news on the hottest drops and re-releases, or just looking for some outfit inspiration? Make sure to sign up to their mailing list, where they’ll keep you up to date on all the latest streetwear goings on.
You’ll find the link to sign up at the bottom of their website.
Footasylum is well worth a look when you’re next looking for some sportswear items, but don’t just take our word for it. Click here to check out the site for yourself.
Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these.