What are the benefits of underwater diving?
There are several benefits of scuba diving including;
- This is a great aerobic activity which helps to improve your breathing techniques. It can be particularly beneficial for people who have asthma.
- Reduces stress: this activity is amazing for stress relief, the combination of the ocean water and exploration of marine life is sure to make anyone forget about their troubles for a while.
- Below the water surface there are wondrous sights to be seen, whilst scuba diving you get to see the world from a new perspective. A huge benefit is getting to witness beautiful sea life like schools of fish or colorful coral.
- You can become more aware of your surroundings and boost concentration levels. Being immersed into a new environment, you will become more focused and conscious of what is around you, whilst also paying attention to your balance and swimming technique.
- Lowers blood pressure: according to several studies, regular divers are less prone to heart attacks and strokes.
- Build lasting friendships, a great benefit of scuba diving is meeting like minded people who you can go on underwater adventures with. A feeling of community, empowerment and excitement will be promoted.
- Boost self esteem and confidence: scuba diving is a completely unique experience, you are immersed into a new world under the water, being involved in this new adventure helps you learn new skills and see new things, boosting your confidence.
- Increase muscle flexibility and strength: diving is so exhilarating so you may not think it but it is a real workout, you use several muscle groups to swim through the resistance of the water.
- Have you ever dreamt of feeling free and weightless? Deep under the ocean, the water holds your weight as you explore the depths of the ocean.
- Sun and sea are a brilliant combination, whilst scuba diving you will feel happier in the sun as well as absorbing more vitamin D from it, which is essential for bone health. In addition, the salt water promotes good skin health as it improves its elasticity and outer appearance.
Things to know before underwater diving
Before you start scuba diving you will need to have some training. This is because you are required to stay under the water for longer periods of time and it can be dangerous if not done correctly. So, safety procedures should be followed at all times. Scuba divers are also required to learn how to use breathing equipment properly.
Furthermore, specific equipment is needed before anyone can scuba dive this includes;
- Dive mask
- Swim fins
- Pressurised gas tank
- Scuba regulator